If you have been wondering how to get rid of ovarian cysts without surgery, then this article will help you in doing that, just sit back and read on…
But before we go into that, let’s get an understanding of what ovarian cyst is.
Ovarian cysts are described as fluid-filled sacs or pockets that develop around or on the surface of either one or both ovaries in a woman.
Interestingly, most women at some point in their life will develop at least one cyst.
Most women who are in a premenopausal period have them at one or more times in their life, while up to 14.8 % of women have them after menopause as reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Most ovarian cyst normally occurs during the menstrual cycle and are not part of a disease condition, and as such are considered functional.
On the other hand, pathological cysts can be cancerous or benign.
Most at times, people are not fully aware of ovarian cysts as they do not cause any outstanding problems.
However, common symptoms that accompany this condition are menstrual irregularities, abdominal bloating, pain during sex, pelvic pain before or during a menstrual cycle, pain during bowel movements, nausea, vomiting, pain in the lower back or thigh and pressure in the bladder or rectum.
In extreme cases, certain types can cause decreased fertility.
It is worthy of note that some ovarian cysts disappear without treatment within a few months.
However, if you experience discomfort, they are natural ways to get rid of it which can help relieve symptoms and shrink the size of the cysts.
This article shows you how to get rid of ovarian cysts without surgery.
Importantly, consult your physician for proper diagnosis and treatment.
1. Epsom Salt Bath
Having a bath with Epsom salt can help get rid of ovarian cysts pain by reducing symptoms associated with the cyst.
Epsom salt with its high potassium content works as a muscle relaxant thus assisting in pain relieve.
- Make a mixture of a cup of Epsom salt with a good quantity of warm water.
- Add about 5 to 10 drops of essential oils like jasmine, lavender or rose into the solution.
- Stir the solution for a few minutes to get the salt dissolved.
- Dip your lower body in this water for about 30 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy once daily.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is known as one of the most effective home remedies for an ovarian cyst.
This is because apple cider vinegar helps shrink and dissolve ovarian cysts resulting from the lack of potassium.
This natural ingredient is loaded with potassium and recommended by many health experts.
- Make a mixture of one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a glass of warm water.
- Add one teaspoon of blackstrap molasses to this solution.
- Drink one or two cups of this mixture daily.
- Repeat this daily until symptoms disappear completely.
Note: This remedy will also relieve symptoms of excessive menstrual bleeding. Cramping during periods and bloating.
3. Chamomile Tea
Herbal tea including chamomile tea is considered as one of the most effective home remedies for ovarian cysts and associated symptoms.
What makes this tea effective is the gentle sedative effect which helps reduce pain and help relax.
Not only that, but the warm effect of chamomile tea also aids in regulating irregular periods by stimulating the flow of blood in the pelvic and uterus.
- Make a mixture of two teaspoons of dried chamomile tea in a glass of water.
- Cover and allow it to steep for about 5 minutes.
- Strain, then add some teaspoon of honey and take the tea.
- Drink this tea two to three cups daily to get rid of ovarian cysts.
Heat has been shown to be effective in reducing muscle cramps, along with abdominal pain caused by ovarian cysts.
- Place a heating pad or hot water bottle on your lower pelvic area and abdomen.
- Repeat this process for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Ginger Juice
Another potent home remedy for ovarian cysts is ginger juice.
Ginger is a known anti-inflammatory herb that eases inflammation and relieves pain.
Additionally, it increases heat in the body, therefore, inducing menstruation.
- Make a blend of some slices of ginger, two stalks of celery, a half cup of apple juice and three-fourths of a pineapple. Blend them all in a juicer.
- By drinking this juice once a day, your condition gets better.
- Additionally, you can drink three cups of ginger tea in a day
6. Castor Oil Pack
Castor oil has been used traditionally as a home remedy for ovarian cysts. It helps the body get rid of excessive tissues and toxins.
Additionally, it stimulates the circulatory and lymphatic systems, which helps in reducing and dissolving ovarian cysts.
- Prepare a fold of a large flannel cloth. Make it at least two to three layers thick. Ensure the folded cloth is big enough to provide cover for your abdomen.
- Sprinkle about two teaspoons of this oil on the cloth before folding it in half to saturate and then unfold it.
- Lay your back on an old towel and place the flannel cloth on your abdomen.
- Seal the castor oil with plastic. Then cover it with an old towel.
- Place a hot water bottle over the towel. Then cover yourself in a warm blanket.
- Allow the castor oil pack to be there for at least 30 minutes and then discard it.
- For effective result, repeat the process for about thrice a week for three months.
Note: Avoid using castor oil especially during menstruation. Also, if you are trying to conceive, do not use this treatment after ovulation.
Beetroots are packed with an organic compound known as betacyanin which aids the liver in detoxifying the system.
Also, due to its alkaline nature, beetroots help in balancing the acidity of the body. This effect, in turn, reduces the severity of ovarian cyst symptoms.
- Make a mixture of half cup of freshly extracted beetroot juice and a teaspoon of blackstrap molasses and aloe vera gel.
- Drink this mixture once daily before your breakfast.
- Repeat this until symptoms reduce.
Almond is a rich source of magnesium which helps alleviate cramps associated with ovarian cysts.
- Eat some dry and roasted almonds to alleviate pain and discomfort.
- Alternatively, use almond oil to massage your abdominal area to help ease bloating and pain.
- For effective result, you can mix a few drops of jasmine oil to a teaspoon of almond oil and then massage with it.
- Also, you can consider adding a teaspoon of sweet almond oil to a glass of warm milk and take it daily for a quick recovery.
- You can also add one teaspoon of sweet almond oil to a glass of warm milk and drink it once daily.
Flaxseed is another potent home remedy for ovarian cyst. It helps balance the proportion of estrogen to progesterone in the body. This helps shrink the cyst.
Additionally, flaxseeds being a fiber-rich food help the body in flushing out harmful toxins, cholesterol and other by-products processed by the liver
- Make a mixture of one teaspoon of ground flaxseed with a cup of warm water.
- Drink this mixture daily on an empty stomach until you see improvements.
- Alternatively, you can add ground flaxseeds to smoothies, yogurts, salads and soups.
10. Raise Your Fluid Intake
When you notice symptoms of ovarian cysts, it is important to increase your fluid intake. In this case, water is the best option. For good flavor, add lemon juice to a cup of water before drinking it.
Water helps in flushing out harmful toxins from your body and creates a perfect condition for healing. This will, in turn, alleviate your pain and reduce swelling in your abdomen.
If you have severe or sharp pain in your pelvic, dizziness, fever, pain in your vagina with spotty bleeding or rapid breathing, please, consult your doctor for examination.
These are common symptoms which could indicate rupture of the cyst or an ovarian torsion and can lead to serious medical consequences if left untreated.